Cause> Wings For Life World Run
Wings For Life World Run
Together, runners and wheelchair users worldwide set a new mark for history’s largest run and raised vital funds to find a cure for spinal cord injury.
Never before have so many people taken part in a running event: at this year’s Wings For Life World Run, 184,236 participants from 195 nations ran for those who can’t. A total of AUD$6.5m was raised for spinal cord research through entry fees and donations.
The Sydney event was held in Centennial Park, taking over the parklands after dark, giving participants exclusive use and the run of the roadways under a fully lit course.
Key Project Elements:
- Location scout/source/secure/negotiate venue
- Strategic Planning and Development
- Overall Project Management
- Creative Direction, Programming, & Scheduling
- Participant Flow & Management Planning
- Stakeholder Management: Emergency Services, Centennial Park
- Live stream to Big screen, uplink to international broadcast
- Budget Development and Management
- Supplier Management
- Staffing Procurement and Management
- Catering and event services